Saving Tamworth Money on Electricity: Make Your Refrigerator Last Longer
Maintaining your fridge/freezer will decrease the wear and tear on your machine as well as save you money on energy and possible spoiled groceries. Your local electrician in Tamworth wants to help save every cent on energy you spend this year! This article follows our series ‘Saving Tamworth Money on Electricity’ and takes a look at ways to make your refrigerator last longer. Checkout these simple tips to help prevent the need to be forking out hundreds or even thousands on a new refrigerator!
- Unplug your fridge and vacuum the condenser coils on the back of your fridge.
- In older freezers, defrost them occasionally to prevent excessive ice buildup. If the ice is thicker than 1cm it is time to defrost your freezer! Newer models do this by themself.
- Clean drip openings and pans and replace water filters according to instruction manual.
- Clean around the rubber seal on the door regularly.
- Keep your fridge at the highest temperature possible to keep your food cool.
- Fridge: 0-5 degrees celsius
- Freezer: -18 degrees celsius
Is your energy bill higher than expected? This could be due to many factors that our licensed electricians could identify and help you with. Consider checking our how energy efficient your refrigerator is with his handy online tool or consider investing in a home energy audit to reduce the monthly running cost of your home. Contact us today on 0421 359 324 or www.facebook.com/tamworthelectrician or firstname.lastname@example.org